Financial capital includes funds and profit from operations to create value shared with our stakeholders.
ACTIONS AND RESULTS
- Management of social and environmental risks in lending activities: 14 projects for 2.04 bn screened based on Equator Principles
- Monitoring of the health and safety of employees
- Cyber risk management
- Group brand value: indicatively close to 6 bn
IMPACT ON STAKEHOLDERS
- Reduction of social and environmental costs resulting from the financing of potentially harmful activities
- Minimisation of risk factors for the health and safety of employees: a 4.6% decrease in accidents
- Number of robberies: 25 (- 59.7% compared to 2015)
- Blocking of fraudulent transactions: amounting to over 31 m
- The synthetic index of image on the population (IPSOS) shows Intesa Sanpaolo at the top of the banking system, despite the sector's reputational crisis
Support for the business systemGo to the section >
Intesa Sanpaolo continued to support the development of the “real” economy and communities where the Group operates. In 2016 Sanpaolo granted new medium/long term loans to the real economy for approximately 56 billion euro (48 billion in Italy, up by 16% compared to 2015).
Financial inclusion and economic empowermentGo to the section >
Intesa Sanpaolo meets the different needs of consumers with a marketing focus and different approaches according to the customer segment, with the aim of accompanying customers through their own life cycle, developing a new way of banking and of looking towards the future.